Mr Nick Barker, BDS MSc MFGDP (UK)
Honorary Clinical Lecturer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 01376 562087
Nick qualified in 1990 from the Royal London Hospital and stayed on as a House Surgeon in Prosthetic Dentistry. He then moved out to primary care where he has continued to work ever since, expanding a 2 surgery practice into a 12 surgery practice over 2 sites incorporating a wide range of skillmix including dentists, therapists, hygienists, extended duties dental nurse.
He gained a distinction in the MSc in Restorative Dental Practice from UCL Eastman in 2009 that has enabled him to take on further roles in dentistry as well as accepting referrals for the various elements of restorative care.
His current roles include:
• Chair of the Essex Local Dental Network that involves engaging with clinicians from all walks of dentistry, dental commissioners and patients and developing the provision of dentistry throughout the County.
• Postgraduate Dental Tutor for Health Education England
• MSc lecturer in periodontology at University of Essex
• Member of the Advisory Board in Primary Dental Care at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Dental Defence Expert Witness
• Member of the BDA UK Council
• Honorary Secretary of Essex BDA Branch
• Member of Essex Local Dental Committee
• Key Opinion Leader for Dentsply in restorative dentistry and endodontology
His research interests lie in restorative dentistry and his MSc dissertation concentrated on the disinfection of dental impression materials.